01:54 12th Oct, 2012
Sony Ericsson Xperia active Starts Receiving Android 4.0 Update
New OS has not been currently rolled out in all regions; users should check official site forum for availability.
Sony has been pretty fair with its Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update process. Devices such as the neo V, arc S, and ray were the first to get the new OS, even as newer handsets such as the Xperia S and others were still running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Today, another 2011 Xperia smartphone is getting the update, and this time it's the Xperia active. This pocket-friendly smartphone is known for being water and dust-resistant.
The new update will start rolling out immediately, but there's not enough clarity on which countries will get it first. However, owners can find out if the update is currently available for their devices by checking the SI (Sales Item) code listed under the battery, then locating it in the list displayed in Sony's forum. If the unique SI code is present, it means that an update is available. Users can then obtain it manually through the Sony PC Companion or just wait for the update notification to arrive on their Xperia active smartphone.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000