23:03 25th Jun, 2012
Anonymous Holds Street Protest Against Web Censorship In Mumbai
The fight against internet regulation spills out into the real world.
The Mumbai edition of the protest saw a turnout of around 100 people, gathered at a small cordoned-off section of Azad Maidan. While they were expecting more to show up, the people behind the iconic Guy Fawkes mask were nevertheless enthusiastic.
When we questioned an attendee on why no one was stepping out of the designated protest area to interact with the general public, here is what he had to say, "The police are un-cooperative. They have said that if anyone is seen outside this area wearing a mask, he will be arrested. This is playing a dampener on raising awareness about the issue".
After the protest ended, the organizers were heard saying that this was only phase 1 of the protests, with more to follow. Here are some pictures of the event, with more in the gallery below.
Raising awareness about the cause.
Around 100 people turned up for the protest.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000