01:28 10th Oct, 2018
Google Announces Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL
Prices start at Rs 71,000 in India.
The search engine giant Google unveiled the next iteration of its Pixel phones. Dubbed as Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL, this duo of the smartphones run Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
On the design front, it retains the dreadfully boring two-tone design. The phone has an aluminum frame sandwiched between Gorilla Glass.
The larger one aptly named Google Pixel 3 XL features a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ OLED screen. It has tall 19:9 aspect ratio. The Pixel 3 on the other hand settles for a 5.5-inch FHD+ screen.
Another difference being the smaller 2915 mAh battery on Pixel 3 as opposed to 3430 mAh capacity on the Pixel 3 XL. Both these handsets support fast charging and wireless (induction) charging.
Rest of the specifications are same for both these handsets. The latest Pixel phones are powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 chipset. You get 4 GB RAM with 64 GB and 128 GB storage to choose from.
In terms of photgraphy, you get a 12 MP rear camera. For selfies, there's an 8 MP dual camera setup. The phone has a fingerprint sensor on its back. The company not bothered to update biometrics with in-screen fingerprint sensor or face unlock.
The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL willl be available in white, black, and pink hues. In the US, the Pixel 3 base model is priced at $799. For 128 GB variant, you will have to shell out $899 . The Pixel 3 XL's price starts at $899 and $999 gets you the 128 GB variant.
The phone will land in India on November 1. The prices are expected to start at Rs 71,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000