04:13 05th Sep, 2018
Samsung May Unveil A Foldable Smartphone This Year
The company’s mobile division head is optimistic about the developments.
Samsung has been teasing a foldable smartphone for years. Using its flexible OLED expertise, the company unveiled an abomination known as the Galaxy Round in 2013. It was nowhere what we had expected. However, this time around, Samsung may unveil something more than a gimmick. Speaking to CNBC, Samsung mobile's CEO DJ Koh said it's "time to deliver" on the long-promised device, and that it could be unveiled at the Samsung Developer Conference in November.
He did not get into the nitty-gritties. However, he did mention that the development process has been "complicated." Koh also stated that the product will be more than a gimmick and will actually be useful.
So far, the rigid batteries and mainboards have been a big hurdle in achieving the flexible or foldable phone. However, recently Korean brands have had a breakthrough in developing flexible batteries. So, if everything goes according to the plans, Samsung should unveil a foldable phone by the end of this year.
Technology News | Cyber Security News
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /opt/opt/techtree_31082014/modules/php/php.module(80) : eval()'d code on line 2
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000