Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:34 26th Feb, 2018
The Nokia 8 Gets A Better Screen And A Fancy Name Sirocco
The phone also sheds the bezels for compact design.
HMD Global has updated its flagship Nokia 8 smartphone with a better display. Dubbed as Nokia 8 Sirocco, the phone also trims majority of bezels. It now has a glass back to integrate wireless (conduction) charging feature.
The phone features a 5.5-inch pOLED screen. It seems HMD is sourcing screen from LG. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. You can expect all the goodness of OLED panels such as deep blacks and vibrant colours. The Nokia 8 Sirocco is powered by the Snapdragon 835 chipset. It comes with 6 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot.
The phone comes with dual camera setup. The main lens is a 12 MP module. The secondary 13 MP camera captures depth information and also enables 2 X optical zoom. Thanks to Pro Camera mode, you can have full manual control over each picture you take, including white balancing, focusing, ISO, shutter speed and exposure correction, helping you take photos like a pro.
For narcissist millennials, the new phone offers 5 MP front-facing camera. Using the enhanced Dual-Sight, you can seamlessly shoot split screen visual using both cameras simultaneously.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco will be available from early April. It will retail for a global average retail price of €749 excluding taxes and subsidies.
TAGS: Nokia 8
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000