Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:43 27th Sep, 2017
Nokia 8 Lands In India For Rs 36,999
With competitive pricing, the handset is up against the OnePlus 5.
The long-awaited flagship Android phone Nokia 8 has finally landed in India. The best part is that the handset is priced aggressively priced at Rs 36,999. The phone is set to hit the stores on October 14 via online stores and brick and mortar shops.
For a memory jog, the Nokia 8 offers a premium metal unibody design. Unlike the competition, this phone is carved out of a single block of aluminium in CNC milling process. The device is splash and dust resistant. We would advise against submerging it in water though.
The Nokia 8 uses Zeiss optics for camera assembly. it comprises of two 13-megapixel camera sensors on the back. The colour sensor is equipped with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). The phone introduces a Dual-Sight video livestreaming feature. This means that you can simultaneously broadcast from phone's front and rear cameras in split screen. Quite a neat trick for social media content creators.
The Nokia 8 can record 4K quality videos with Nokia OZO Audio. The latter captures spatial sound using three onboard microphones. To handle all these fancy features, the phone is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 chipset. To ensure the phone runs cool, HMD claims to have used a copper pipe with liquid cooling.
On the software front, the Nokia 8 comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1. HMD promises regular updates to help you stay on top of features and security.
TAGS: Nokia 8
Technology News | Technology Finance News
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000