Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:28 27th Apr, 2017
Vivo Launches V5s For Rs 18,990
The phone comes with a 20-megapixel selfie camera.
Vivo has launched the successor of its selfie-smartphone the V5. Dubbed as the V5s, the latest phone shares the design cues with its predecessor. It features metal unibody, which is reminiscent of Apple's iPhone 6S.
The Vivo V5s sports a whopping 20-megapixel front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor. For better low-light performance, the selfie-camera is equipped with an LED light. You know it is a selfie-focused camera, when you realise that its rear camera is only 13-megapixel.
The handset sports a 5.5-inch HD screen. It features a 2.5D screen, which gently curved around the sides. For scratch-resistance, it is protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass.
The phone runs MediaTek's MT6750 chipset. The Vivo V5s comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. It features a hybrid slot, which can be used for a microSD card expansion or a secondary SIM. It is a 4G phone with support for VoLTE. Other features include Wi-Fi, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), Bluetooth 4.0, and fingerprint sensor.
On the software side of things, the Vivo V5s runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. It will have Vivo's FunTouch OS 2.6 on top. This includes Vivo's implementation of blue light filer and split-screen multitasking.
The Vivo V5s is priced at Rs 18,990. For the price, the handset offers excellent camera specs. However, the MediaTek processor will be a deal-breaker for performance junkies.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000