Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:16 17th Mar, 2017
YouTube Discontinues Those Annoying Annotations
It will now use mobile-friendly elements such as Cards and End Screens for promotion.
Google has flipped the switch on annotations option in YouTube. The search-giant is planning to replace it with mobile-friendly solutions such as Cards and End Screens. The Mountain View based company believes that Cards and End Screens are a cleaner way to promote merchandise, recommend videos, and more.
Google claims that the change is driven by user feedback. It is no surprise that more and more people are using mobile phones for content consumption. According to statistics, over 60 percent of YouTube watch time is mobile. From May 2, you’ll no longer be able to add new or edit existing annotations, only delete them. Existing annotations will continue to show when using a desktop computer.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000