00:50 17th Oct, 2012
Sony's PSN Breached Yet Again
93,000 accounts affected by the latest hack.
PlayStation Network (PSN) subscribers worldwide are not going to like this. Sony's network has been breached yet again. Reports from CNET.com state that the event took place last week, when hackers managed to retrieve the login IDs and passwords of nearly 93,000 accounts. However, no credit card details had been accessed. This is the second time this year that PSN has been hacked — previously, it was the popular group LulzSec that had caused problems for the company.
These security leaks are certainly spoiling Sony Computer Entertainment's party. On the bright side, Sony claims that only around 0.1% of accounts have been affected. They have already issued notifications to the accounts in question in order to help them reset their passwords. Looks like 2011 is well on its way to becoming SCE's annus horribilis.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000