Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:16 30th Jan, 2017
WhatsApp May Soon Get A Live Location Sharing Feature
The new feature is currently being tested on Android and iOS platforms.
From humble beginnings during the Symbian era, WhatsApp has come a long way. A cross-platform messaging app, managed by over a dozen employees got picked-up by the social networking giant Facebook for a whopping $19 billion. Under the new leadership, WhatsApp's userbase grew exponentially. Last year, it hit the 1 billion user mark. However, that hasn't stopped the company from rolling out new features at regular intervals. If the images posted by Twitter handle @WABetaInfo are to be believed WhatsApp is prepping to launch a feature that will allow you to share your live location with the chat group participants.
126.96.36.199 iOS | 2.16.399+ Android: Live Location feature, that tracks the live location of other group participants (DISABLED BY DEFAULT). pic.twitter.com/pYEXT1nxyR— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) January 26, 2017
This is not to be confused with the existing feature that enables you to share your last location. The new feature will allow group members to get live updates about your location. The upcoming feature is already baked in beta builds of Android and iOS. The feature is said to be deactivated by default. So in order to activate, beta testers can head over to Settings - Show my friends. You can choose the amount of time you want to broadcast your location. Currently, the feature is being tested for Android and iOS platforms.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000