Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:47 27th Jan, 2017
Users Claim That Xiaomi's New Fitness Band Is Racist
The heartbeat sensor does not seem to work on people of colour.
Xiaomi's Mi Band 2 is one of most affordable fitness band that comes loaded with features. However, it seems that the heartbeat sensor refusing to work on people with dark skin. There is a dedicated thread on the official MIUI forum where users are reporting that their Mi Band 2 is acting like Richard Spencer.
Initially, most people thought that they got a faulty unit. However, a few of them decided to test it on people of light skin colour and surprisingly it worked. Some people claim that using the sensor on a finger gets them results. Another popular workaround seems to be pasting a thin white paper on the Mi Band 2's sensor.
Xiaomi has acknowledged the problem and is currently working on a fix. For those not in the know, the $20 fitness band comes with Bluetooth 4.0 to connect with your phone. It has 70 mAh battery, which offers standby time of 20 days. Just like the previous versions of Mi Band, Mi Band 2 is water and dirt resistant.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000