12:35 19th Dec, 2016
WhatsApp May Soon Allow You To Edit Sent Messages
The update is being tipped now with a screenshot by @WABetaInfo, as being available for iPhone beta app users.
A few recent reports online suggest that the new update for WhatsApp would bring a couple of interesting features that may bring the app more worthiness.
Well, it has been tipped recently that WhatsApp is working on allowing users to edit and revoke sent messages on its iPhone app. However, it is being added that the feature is disabled by default for iPhone beta app users. This was first reported via a tweet by @WABetaInfo along with a screenshot.
One more feature that has been tipped alongside this is - you can preview shared archive files like ZIP and RAR. Even this feature was tipped by @WABetaInfo.
Speaking about the new features, WhatsApp users will be able to revoke a sent message, which means that the sent message may never exist at all. However, we can pretty much guess that this feature works perfect only if the recipient has not yet seen the message sent by you.
While users now have the delete message feature, it deletes messages only on the device level, this new revoke feature deletes message in the recipient level. The revoke feature may work by long pressing a sent message, according a recent report on Gadgets 360.
Having said this, we still have no clue as to when would these features will be available for Android beta users.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000