Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:36 15th Dec, 2016
Netflix Strikes A Deal With Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan
Under this deal, Shah Rukh's movies will be exclusively available on Netflix.
The video streaming subscription business is still in its nascent stage in India. Yet, the race for supremacy in this emerging segment is already heating up. Just yesterday, Amazon launched its Prime Video streaming service in India. The e-commerce company will compete with Netflix and Hotstar. Amazon is off to a flying start thanks to aggressive pricing. Its yearly subscription costs Rs 499. In comparison, Netflix charges Rs 500 per month.
To counter this move, Netflix has sealed a deal with the Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan. Making an announcement, Netflix India tweeted this: "We are now the global home to the biggest Indian film star @iamsrk".
With the new deal, all the movies under Shah Rukh's production house Red Chillies will be exclusively available on Netflix. This also includes future releases for the next three years. Needless to say, SRK is one of the biggest draw for the Indian audience. However, it will be interesting to see if that's enough to offset the huge pricing difference between the two services.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000