Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:45 22nd Nov, 2016
Flipkart Is Planning To Bet Big On Grocery And Furniture
India's top e-commerce website has interesting plans to one-up Amazon.
India's numero uno e-commerce player, Flipkart is planning to foray into the grocery delivery space. Additionally, the company will give a push to its furniture business. In an interview with Reuters, Flipkart's Chief Executive Binny Bansal said that, "There's definitely room to build a profitable grocery business, but it's hard. That doesn't mean it's not possible, but it's hard..."
Flipkart is planning to begin grocery sales next year. The company is then expected to scale up the operations for next three years. It will be competing with the current players such as BigBasket and Grofers. This comes in time when Ola gave up on its grocery business. Flipkart's biggest competitor, Amazon is already available in select cities.
Bansal added that Fashion remains the best selling category. Little wonder then that the company acquired fashion portals Myntra and Jabong. The surge in the popularity of services such Urban Ladder and Pepperfry has promoted Flipkart to get serious about its furniture segment.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000