Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:43 31st Oct, 2016
Facebook Is Aping SnapChat And Prisma To Be Cool Again
The world's biggest social network is planning to deliver Snapchat like overlay graphics and animations via its mobile app.
The social network giant Facebook is all set to revamp its in app camera. According to TechCrunch, the world's biggest social network is planning to deliver Snapchat like overlay graphics and animations via its mobile app. Facebook will also be rolling out the so called artistic filters, much like Prisma.
The move is meant to counter the decline in photo sharing on Facebook. According to the report by The Information, the sharing "declined 21% between mid-2014 and mid-2015, and was down 15% year over year as of April 2016." In an attempt to increase the activity around photos, Facebook will also be copying SnapChat's self-deleting messaging format. These features will be first tested in Ireland. The global roll-out will depend on the response and feedback from the early adopters.
Facebook, once seen as the most hip and young Internet company is now facing competition from Prisma and SnapChat. After 12 years in the market and billions of dollars in the bank, it will be interesting to see whether Facebook can be cool again.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000