Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:52 23rd Sep, 2016
Samsung Launches The Galaxy On7 In China
The metal-clad handset features a 5.5-inch Full HD screen and 13-megapixel camera.
Taking a break from the Galaxy Note 7 battery fiasco, Samsung has unveiled the On7 2016 refresh in China. The handset features a metal unibody design. It comes in Gold, Black, and Pink Gold colours. Well, the last one sounds fancy as Apple's Rose Gold.
The phone sports a 5.5-inch screen that gently curved around the sides. It is a Full HD LCD panel. I wish Samsung had opted for an OLED screen. The On7 (2016) is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 625 chip that comes with Adreno 506 GPU. The phone has 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. You can expand it by another 256 GB using the microSD card slot. You can snap pictures using the 13-megapixel camera. If you're a selfie person, the 8-megapixel front-facing camera will come in handy. In the connectivity department, you get 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, and A-GPS (Assisted GPS). The phone packs-in a 3300 mAh battery.
It is the first phone in the On series to feature a fingerprint sensor. On the software side of things, you get Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Of course , it runs Samsung's TochWiz UI on top. The Samsung Galaxy On7 (2016) is pegged at 1599 yuan in China, which roughly translates to Rs 16,000. Currently, there's no word on its International roll-out and pricing.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000