Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:31 20th Sep, 2016
Metal-Clad Galaxy J5 Prime Pegged At Rs 14,790
Samsung's budget smartphone offers a 13-megapixel camera and a fingerprint sensor.
In addition to the J7 Prime, Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy J5 Prime. It looks exactly like its elder sibling, save for the smaller screen. The metal-clad handset has a premium feel, but plays safe with the design.
The J5 Prime offers a 5-inch HD IPS (In Pane Switching) display. It is powered by an unspecified Exynos chipset. The phone has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal storage. Of course, it also comes with a microSD card slot. The J5 Prime packs-in a 13-megapixel rear camera. For selfies, you have to make do with a 5-megapixel unit. The dual-SIM handset supports 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, and A-GPS (Assisted GPS). Among other features, the phone boasts of a fingerprint sensor. On the software front, the smartphone runs on Android Marshmallow with TouchWiz on top. It comes with tools such as the S Power and S Secure. The former is a battery saver mode to prolong the battery life. The S Secure feature enables users to their data securely.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime will hit the stores later this month for Rs 14,790. It competes with the likes of more affordable Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Lenovo ZuK Z1. While the Chinese brands may have an advantage in terms of specifications Samsung has an edge when it comes to after-sales service.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets