13:01 07th Apr, 2016
Xiaomi Initiates Flash Sales Of MI5
The much awaited device is available for INR 24,999 with premium features such as VoLTE support, 4k video recording and Quick Charge 3.0
Chinese budget smartphone maker, Xiaomi has begun with the flash sales of its MI5 flagship smartphone in India. With this, India becomes one among the first smartphone markets selected by Xiaomi for the launch of its MI 5 offering outside China.
The device went for sale in India at 11am yesterday, exclusively at the company's MI.com website at a price tag of INR 24,999. MI5, much touted as one of the best 'value for money' smartphones with premium features that boasts of a 5.15 inch IPS LCD display and runs on Android Marshmallow OS.
Under its hood rests a 2.15 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, coupled with 4GB RAM for the pro edition. The device also offers a 16MP primary camera, capable of capturing 2160P videos at 30fps, while the front facing 4MP camera can shoot videos at 1080P resolution.
The smartphone is armed with a 3000mAh battery and is also blessed with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Xiaomi claims that QuickCharge 3.0 ensures at least 20 per cent faster charging than its predecessor, QuickCharge 2.0. On the connectivity front, MI5 is equipped with support for VoLTE, Glonass, NFC, 4G, Bluetooth, WI-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/ac.
Xiaomi however has only rolled out the standard edition of MI5 in India, which sports a 3GB of RAM and a 32 GB in-house storage capacity. The company also plans to make its sales open to other e-commerce channels in India within a few weeks.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000